Pages

03/07/2012

INtolerable cruelty


I have come to believe in love as
the worst emotion by so far
Those who’re loved never requite it
And those who do love often are
Left so broken hearted with no
Hope to love again and so
With a stone cold heart myself
I advise all loving friends…



Always carry a weapon,
Something small, subtle, but sharp,
To impress upon the heart-breaker
How pained you really are.

Never tell him that you love him;
It tempts him even more
To stamp and crush your dwindling hope
As he rushes for the door.

Then, after you’ve got over
The initial, painful shock,
Cut all ties with the disgusting brute
And change all of your locks.
Use your pain and anger wisely
Don’t rush in like a fool.
Remember that revenge is best
Stone cold. So take time to cool.

1 comment:

  1. The first stanza of this may be the closest representation I've found of how I've felt these past few years. That it was written by you is unbelievably ironic, and I say that with no sense of pleasure. Nobody capable of loving another should ever have to experience the emotional desolation of a broken heart. And least of all a beautiful, creative soul. I am truly sorry this has happened to you.

    Pain, yes. Anger, certainly. But all born out of the frustrating, unanswerable question: how can the person I loved most be the person who has hurt me more than any other? And how, after all that, can I still love them?

    Love cuts deeper than hate, and what use is revenge against that? 'They' tell you it gets better with time, but they don't know what they're talking about.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuXoDVPDpz0

    ReplyDelete